2. How are fares calculated?
Fares are calculated by time taken and distance travelled.
1. What are the requirements to drive on Uber?
- Minimum 21 years old
- Singaporean or Singapore Permanent Resident
- Valid Class 3/3A Singapore driving license, issued for at least a year*
*Additional requirement for UberExec: At least 2 years of professional driving experience.
3. Is there a minimum number of hours or trips I need to drive?
Uber is 100% flexible. You drive when you want, where you want!
4. Does Uber take a service fee?
Uber takes a 20% service fee* from your fares. You'll get to take home 80% of the trip earnings.
*The exact service fee depends on your vehicle type.
5. What is surge pricing?
Surge pricing happens when demand is greater than supply. Prices for rides will rise, and this allows you to make more money while driving. To understand more about surge pricing, click here.
6. What are the vehicle requirements?
For uberExec and EXECLARGE, all vehicles must be black.
7. What happens with ERP?
ERP tolls will automatically be charged to your riders' fares.
8. How do cancellation fees work?
You'll receive a cancellation fee if the rider cancels the request after 5 minutes. If you are running more than 5 minutes behind your estimated time of arrival and the rider cancels, you will not receive a cancellation fee.
9. How and when do I get paid?
Uber schedules payment on a weekly basis, and it will be sent through direct deposit to your bank account.
11. Are there any other ways for drivers to make great money with Uber?
Yes! Many driver partners make great money by referring their friends to drive with Uber. It's the easiest and fastest way to make great money. Find out more here.
Updates on New Government Regulations:
The government just announced a new regulation on private-hire car drivers. What are these regulations?
All private-hire car drivers are required to obtain private hire vocational license by next year.
How will this new regulation impact me?
The Uber Singapore team would like to reassure all driver-partners that none of the new regulations will impact your ability to rent a car and/or convert your vehicle to drive with Uber for the seeable future.
We will continue to work closely with the MoT to better understand the announcement and ensure clear guidance is available so that all driver-partners can meet the specified requirements.
I'm all set! How can I get started?
If you are using your OWN CAR (PRIVATE CAR) to drive with Uber, follow these steps:
- Apply for ACRA (cost is reimbursable).
- Purchase commercial insurance and apply for refinancing (optional) at UberHUB.
- Convert your vehicle log from P10 to Z10 / Z11 at the LTA office.
- Come to our Partner Support Centre with the following documents and get activated:
- Driving License
- Proof Commercial Insurance
- Z10 / Z11 Vehicle Log
- ACRA showing 49219
OR you can also upload the above documents and upload them on your partner dashboard.
If you are RENTING a car to drive with Uber, follow these steps:
- Call Lion City Rentals – this is the easiest and cheapest way to get a car.
- Visit UberHUB to get activated and bring along:
- Driving license
- Proof of commercial insurance (by LCR)
- Z10 / Z11 Vehicle Log (by LCR)
- ACRA registration showing 49219 (by LCR)
OR you can also upload the above documents on your partner dashboard.
That's it! You're ready to start driving and earn money!