Navigating the App
How to use the app?
Here is a quick review on how you should go about using the application. You can refer to the GIF on the right and the video below for details on how to use the app.
How to differentiate an UberEATS trip from and UberX trip
When you receive a dispatch on your UberPartner App, you can take a look at the bottom of the App to identify the type of Uber trip it is. An UberX trip will be indicated as "UberEATS delivery" while an UberX trip will be indicated as "UberX".
How to complete an UberEATS trip?
When you receive an UberEATS trip request, the screen will say “UBEREATS” at the top:
Step 1: Accepting a trip
When you accept an UberEATS trip request, you will be directed towards the restaurant to pick up the food. When you arrive at the restaurant you will see the pick up instructions that guide you to the best place to wait.
Step 2: Pick up instructions
Note that you will only see these pick up instructions if you are using Uber maps.
If you are using Google Maps or WAZE, then click back into the Uber app when you have arrived at the restaurant to see the pick up instructions.
Step 3: Verify items
When the restaurant is handing over the food, click on the “VERIFY ITEMS” button and you will see the following screen (See image to right)
We suggest that you verbally confirm the items on the “VERIFY ORDER” screen are in the bag that the restaurant is handing you. Once you have confirmed the order, click “YES” to confirm all items are accounted for.
Step 4: Starting the trip
Only when you verify the items will you be able to swipe right to START TRIP. Once you have started the trip, you will be directed to the drop off location where the eater will be waiting.
Step 5: Ending the trip
You should only end an UberEATS trip when you have handed over the order to the customer. Remember that the UberEATS fare is based on time and distance so you don’t want to miss out by ending the trip too early!
Want to contact someone on the trip?
There are three parties that you can contact during an UberEATS trip:
- The restaurant, before you have started the trip and if you have any issues with the PICK UP only. Restaurant = SENDER in the Contact section of the app.
- The eater, after you have started the trip and if you have any issues with the DROP OFF only. Eater = RECIPIENT in the Contact section of the app.
- UBER if you cannot contact the restaurant or the eater, you can contact Uber.
Who to contact if you are having issues with picking up the order?
- You should only ever contact the restaurant if you are having issues with picking up the order from the restaurant.
- You should NEVER call the eater in this situation - preparing the order is out of their control!
- If the restaurant cannot help you, then you should contact Uber.
Who to contact if you are having issues with dropping off the order?
- You should only ever contact the eater if you are having issues with dropping off the order.
- You should NEVER call the restaurant in this situation – finding the eater is out of their control!
- If you cannot contact the eater, then you should contact Uber.
How do you contact Uber?
- The UberEATS hotline is 800 852 6067 – we suggest you save this number in your mobile.
- Please note we will only answer questions about a LIVE UBEREATS TRIP and nothing else.
- For all other queries, please let us know via typing your issue through the support function in the app or email us at email@example.com and we will get back to you.
When to go online UberEATS?
UberEATS gets busy during lunch and dinner time.We typically see the busy lunch period as 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM and the busy dinner time as 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM. If you are an uberX partner, you would see that the busy times on UberEATS are typically the downtimes on uberX!
Where to go online UberEATS?
Our current service area is marked by the purple line in the map shown. Make sure you are only online when you are inside the service area - stay offline while you are traveling to/from the service area.
Where should I wait to get the most deliveries?
Our technology automatically dispatches deliveries to the delivery partner who is closest to the restaurant. Our restaurants are concentrated in three main hotspots as marked in the map:
- Tanjong Pagar and CBD area: Suggest waiting at Maxwell Hawker Center or Telok Ayer Park
- Victoria Street: Suggest waiting on Middle Street
- Orchard: Suggest waiting on Cavenagh Road
- Serangoon: Suggest waiting near Lorong Ah Soo
Holland Village: Suggest waiting near Holland Village MRT Station
Tanjong Katong: Suggest waiting near Joo Chiat
Bukit Timah: Suggest waiting near Sixth Avenue