Here are the keys to succeed on UberEATS!
Welcome to the Pro-Tips page. We have collated global best practices here so that you can maximise your earnings whilst working with as much flexibility as you need! We’ve split this section into:
- Techniques to maximise earnings
- High Acceptance rating
- Delivery ratings and feedback
- Handling food at the restaurant
- Handing over food to the eater
- Staying online on the bike
- Using UberEATS gear
1. Techniques to maximise earnings
You’ll receive communications from Uber communicate via in-app messages or SMS. Don’t forget to read these communications as they have important information about high demand areas, peak times, busy restaurants, etc.
UberEATS gets busy during lunch (11:00 AM to 2:00 PM), and dinner time (6:00 PM to 9:00 PM) and when it’s raining - cash in by taking advantage of the busy periods!
2. High Acceptance ratings
You have a 30 second window to accept an incoming order, failing to accept the order will be counted as a rejection. If you want to accept the order - remember to act fast! To avoid any rejections, remember to please go offline if you're unable to accept an order.
3. Delivery ratings and feedback
Restaurants and eaters give higher ratings to delivery-partners who handle food properly and are kind and courteous. Below are some tips from restaurants and eaters to help you get a higher rating. Should you have any issues at any point on the trip, you should contact our Customer Service hotline at 800 852 6067
4. Handling food at the restaurants
Remember to park your bike/car safely and legally
Follow restaurant rules to entry and exit
It’s easier for restaurants to identify you if you’re carrying the UberEATS thermal bag into the restaurant
Be sure to collect receipts, food and verify all contents of the package in-person, and in-app
It’s best to check that packaging items, cutleries, and other disposable items are provided
- Place the hot and cold items separately using the divider and ensure that the items are placed upright.
- Remember to keep the bag pack is tightly secure and placed in an upright position to avoid spillage and to make your ride as comfortable as possible.
5. Handing over food to the eater.
Remember to park your bike/car safely and legally around the drop-off location
It’s best to use the UberEATS paper bag when delivering the meal to the eater
Greet, and be courteous to the customer - remember they are rating the experience!
If you have more than one order, make sure that the correct order is handed over to the eater together with the necessary packaging.
- Dress appropriately and comfortably throughout the delivery
6. Staying online on your vehicle.
Stay online so you can accept trips on the move. Delivery-partners on motorbikes or bicycles find it easier to clamp their phone onto the handlebar and have one earpiece in place to help them accept more trip requests on the move. Take note of any beeping sound that you might hear while riding to ensure that you can accept your orders within the 30 seconds acceptance window.
7. Staying within the service area.
The current service area is marked by the purple area in the map shown. Make sure you are only online when you are inside the service area - stay offline while you are travelling to/from the service area.
Restaurants on the UberEATS App are concentrated in these main hotspots.
- Tanjong Pagar and CBD area: consider waiting at Maxwell Hawker Center or Telok Ayer Park
- Victoria Street: consider waiting on Middle Street
- Orchard: consider waiting on Cavenagh Road
- Serangoon: consider waiting near Lorong Ah Soo
Holland Village: consider waiting near Holland Village MRT Station
Tanjong Katong: consider waiting near Joo Chiat
Bukit Timah: consider waiting near Sixth Avenue
8. Using UberEATS gear
Below is a list of equipment that can help you facilitate a better delivery experience for you, the restaurant and the eater:
Delivery bag - Big
Delivery bag - Small
Rain jacket and pants
- Cup Holder
In addition, here are a few tips to improve your delivery experience.
Remember to check the address of your destination before leaving. You can contact the customer/restaurant if you have any questions.
In the event that you're unable to contact the customer/restaurant, give our Customer Service Hotline a call at 800 852 6067.
Top delivery-partners plan their route ahead so they can complete a trip faster and have more time for more trips!
9. Need to contact someone while you're on a delivery?
There are three parties that you can contact during an UberEATS trip:
- The restaurant, before you have started the trip and if you have any issues with the PICK UP only. Restaurant = SENDER in the Contact section of the app.
- The eater, after you have started the trip and if you have any issues with the DROP OFF only. Eater = RECIPIENT in the Contact section of the app.
- UBER if you cannot contact the restaurant or the eater on the Uber hotline - 800 852 6067.
10. Who to contact if you are having issues picking up the order
- The Restaurant - they are responsible for preparing and having the order ready for you.
- Don’t bother calling the eater - preparing the order is out of their control!
- If you can’t get through to the restaurant, then you should contact Uber.
11. Who to contact if you are having issues dropping off the order
- The Eater - they are hungrily waiting for their order!
- Don’t bother calling the restaurant – finding the eater is out of their control!
- If you can’t get through to the eater, then you should contact Uber.
12. Walker Pro-tips
Please bring along your identification card when doing deliveries, in the event you require access into a building and the security needs your identification card
Have a powerbank with you at all times to keep your phone charged
Carry a water bottle to stay hydrated all the time
- Use google maps to navigate you to the restaurant or customer
Remember that a big smile goes a long way! Don't forget to smile :)
To contact us, simply tap Help in the Uber Partner app and select your issue from the menu. Alternatively, you can also get in touch by visiting help.uber.com on your browser.