Here are some tips to succeed on UberEATS!
Welcome to the Pro-Tips page. We have collated global best practices here so that you can maximise your earnings and enjoy greater flexibility! We’ve split this section into:
Techniques to maximise earnings
High Acceptance rating
Delivery ratings and feedback
Handling food at the restaurant
Handing over food to the eater
Staying online on the bike
Using UberEATS gear
1. Techniques to maximise earnings
You'll receive communications from Uber communicate via in-app messages or SMS> Don;t forget to read these communications as they have important information about high demand areas, peak times, busy restaurants, Etc.
UberEATS gets busy during lunch (11:00AM to 2:00PM), and dinner time (6:00PM to 9:00PM).
2. High Acceptance ratings
You have a 30 second window to accept an incoming order, failing to accept the order will be counted as a rejection.
To avoid any rejections to go offline if you're unable to accept an order.
3. Delivery ratings and feedback
Restaurants and eaters give higher ratings to delivery-partners who handle food properly and are kind and courteous. Should you have any issues at any point on the trip, you should contact our Customer Service hotline at 800 852 6067.
4. Handling food at the restaurants
- Remember to part your vehicle safely and legally
- Follow restaurant rules regarding entry and exit
- Bring the UberEATS thermal bag when collecting food
- Verify all contents of the package in-person, and in-app
- Check that packaging items, cutlery, and other disposable items are provided
- Place the hot and cold items separately using the divider and ensure that the items are placed upright.
5. Handing over food to the eater.
- Remember to park your vehicle safely and legally
- Be courteous to the customer - they are rating the experience.
- If you have more than one order, make sure that the correct order is handed over together with all necessary packaging.
6. Staying online on your vehicle.
Stay online so you can accept trips on the move. Clamp your phone onto the handlebar with one earpiece plugged in for a convenient journey. Take note of any beeping sound that you might hear while riding to ensure that you can accept your orders within the 30 seconds acceptance window.
7. Staying within the service area.
The current service area is marked by the purple area in the map shown. Make sure you are online only when your are inside the service area, stay offline while you are travelling to/from the service area.
Take note of these main hotspots for more orders!
- Tanjong Pagar and CBD area: Maxwell Hawker Centre or Telok Ayer Park
- Victoria Street: Middle Street
- Orchard: Cavenagh Road
- Serangoon: Lorong Ah Soo
- Holland Village: Holland Village MRT station
- Tanjong Katong: Joo Chiat
- Bukit Timah: Sixth Avenue
8. Using UberEATS gear
Below is a list of equipment to facilitate a better delivery experience for you, the restaurant and the eater:
Halal Insulated Backpack
Here are a few more tips to improve your delivery experience.
- Do check the address of your destination before leaving. Contact the customer/restaurant if you have any questions.
- If you are unable to reach the customer/restaurant, give our Customer Service Hotline a call at 800 852 6067.
Top delivery-partners plan their route ahead so they can complete trips faster, leaving more time for more trips!
9. Need to contact someone while you're on a delivery?
There are three parties that you can contact during your UberEATS trip:
- The restaurant - before you have started the trip and if you have any issues with the PICK UP only. Restaurant = SENDER in the contact section of the app.
- The eater - after you have started the trip and if you have any issues with the DROP OFF only. Eater = RECIPIENT in the Contact section of the app.
- Uber - if you cannot contact the restaurant or the eater on the Uber hotline - 800 852 6067.
10. Who to contact if you are having issues picking up the order
- The Restaurant - they are responsible for preparing and having the order ready for you.
- Don't bother calling the eater - preparing the order is out of their control.
- If you can't get through to the restaurant then you should contact Uber support - 800 852 6067.
11. Who to contact if you are having issues dropping off the order
- The Eater - they are waiting for their order!
- Don't bother calling the restaurant - finding the eater is out of their control!
- If you can't get through to the eater, then you should contact Uber - 800 852 6067.
12. Walker Pro-tips
Please bring along your identification card when doing deliveries, as you may require access into a building and the security needs your identification card.
Have a powerbank with you at all times to keep your phone charged.
Carry a water bottle to stay hydrated all the time.
Remember that a big smile goes a long way! Don't forget to smile :)
To contact us, simply tap Help in the Uber Partner app and select your issue from the menu. Alternatively, you can also get in touch by visiting help.uber.com on your browser.