Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. Where is the service area?
The current service area is marked by the purple area in the map shown. Make sure you are only online when you are inside the service area - stay offline while you are travelling to/from the service area. Consider waiting at these hotspots for more orders:
- Tanjong Pagar and CBD area: consider waiting at Maxwell Hawker Center or Telok Ayer Park
- Victoria Street: consider waiting on Middle Street
- Orchard: consider waiting on Cavenagh Road
- Serangoon: consider waiting near Lorong Ah Soo
Holland Village: consider waiting near Holland Village MRT Station
Tanjong Katong: consider waiting near Joo Chiat
Bukit Timah: consider waiting near Sixth Avenue
2. What do I need to be a delivery partner?
Do bring along all the relevant documents when you register to be a delivery-partner.
3. What do I need to do when I pick up the food from the restaurant?
Here are some tips to ensure a smooth pick-up:
4. What do I need to do while I'm on the way to deliver the food?
Here are some tips to ensure that food is transported safely:
5. What do I do when I deliver the food to the eater?
- It is always best to meet the eater directly:
- Home - Knock on the door or ring the doorbell and
- Office - Introduce yourself to the receptionist and let them know who you are delivering to
If you encounter a problem, call the customer's phone number which is provided on the app
If you are unable to contact the eater, contact Uber - 800 852 6067
Be courteous and polite when you are handing food over to the eater - remember, they are rating your service!
Dress neatly and comfortably throughout the delivery
Remember the above tips when handling food! nobody want a pizza without toppings!
Do head back to the hotspot after you have completed a delivery so that you are able to increase your chances of receiving new trips.
6. Can I still receive orders when I leave the app?
Yes, you will still be able to receive orders even if you leave the UberEATS application. Remember the App requires orders to be accepted within 30 seconds! If you're unable to accept the order, it will be counted as a rejection.
Delivery-partners on motorbikes or bicycles find it more convenient to clamp their phone onto the handlebar and have one earpiece plugged in to ensure a smooth delivery.
7. Am I able to receive orders outside the main hotspot areas assigned? (but still within the current service area)
Yes you can. Remember that most of the restaurants on the UberEATS App are in the hotspots so you’re more likely to get more delivery in those areas!
8. Will I get a batched order if I wait near a restaurant after I get dispatched my first trip?
No, you should not wait for a batch order as there are criteria other than proximity, the App checks for before dispatching a bated order to a courier (e.g. food size etc). Deliver your orders promptly and do not wait near restaurants to get batched orders.
9. I am unable to contact Customer Service Support. What should I do?
You can visit us at 50 Ubi Ave 3 level 1, #01-12, 408866 (Frontier building) daily from 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM should you have any enquiries or require support with matters pertaining to the application.
10. My documents have not been approved. How can I get them approved?
You can visit us at 50 Ubi Ave 3 level 1, #01-12, 408866 (Frontier building) on Monday to Friday from 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM to get your documents approved. To start delivering, your documents would have to be approved first.
11. I am not able to find any parking near the restaurant. What should I do?
Contact the relevant restaurant about the appropriate place to park. They will advise you on the ideal parking locations and the most convenient route to take to reach them.
12. What should I do if I am unable to find the eater after I have picked up the order from the restaurant?
If you are unable to find the eater, try calling or texting them. If the eater is uncontactable and you have been waiting at the drop off location for more than 10 minutes, call live-trip support as they will provide advice on how to handle the situation.
13. Are there any other ways for delivery-partners to make great money with UberEATS?
Yes! Many rider partners make great money by referring their friends to ride with UberEATS. It's the easiest and fastest way to make great money. Find out more here.
14. How can I increase my chances of getting an order?
The busiest time on the UberEATS App is during lunchtime (11:00 AM to 2:00 PM) so log on during those times to take advantage of the busy period.
Along with this, most restaurants on the UberEATS App are located in the following areas so consider heading to those locations when you’re online to increase your probability of receiving more orders:
- Tanjong Pagar
- Victoria Street
- Orchard Road
It's also best to avoid clustering in groups with other delivery-partners as the chances of getting requests will decrease.
15. How do I go about using the application?
Below is a quick review on how you should go about using the UberEATS app.
To contact us, simply tap Help in the Uber Partner app and select your issue from the menu. Alternatively, you can also get in touch by visiting help.uber.com on your browser
Drop by our onboarding centre: